When Leo Fender launched the G&L L-2000™ bass in 1980, it was clear he was ready to make history all over again. Never before had such a wide range of tones come from a single bass, and today the L-2500™ packs all the features of the latest L-2000 into a 5-string.
Like its L-2000 brother, the foundation of the L-2500 is a pair of G&L Magnetic Field Design™ humbuckers backed by the flexible Tri-Tone™ control system, providing the sort of versatility that’ll let you find your tone no matter what kind of bass line you’re laying down. The Tri-Tone system features a trio of mini toggles for pickup selection, series/parallel signal routing and active/passive operation, as well as a trio of knobs for volume, treble and bass. With all that under the hood, the L-2500 brings the kind of chops that’ll fit in any situation, from classic R&B to power-packed rock to poppin’ funk. What’s more, the L-2500 features an innovative Leo Fender-designed Saddle-Lock™ bridge to transfer string energy right into the body end-grain for an incredibly resonant instrument.
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 34"
- PICKUPS: Two Leo Fender†-designed G&L MFD™ humbucking pickups made in Fullerton, California
- BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple Rosewood fingerboard
- NECK WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4"
- NECK RADIUS: 12"
- NECK PROFILE: medium C
- FRETS: 21 medium jumbo, nickel
- TUNING KEYS: Traditional open-back
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock™
- ELECTRONICS: Tri-Tone™ system with 3-position pickup selector, series/parallel switch, 3-position pre-amp mode switch, volume, treble, bass