A MAGNUM OPUS OF TONE
The MARK VII™ is the “Magnum Opus” of Randall Smith’s 50+ year career in visionary amp design. This model takes that knowledge, history, innovation, and performance and distills it into the simplest, most versatile, and smallest 90-watt Mark Series amplifier ever.
The 3 Channel, 9 Mode Preamp, coupled with our legendary Simul-Class™ Power section that offers three distinct characters across its three wattage ranges, creates a new Mark icon in terms of adaptability, soulful tube Tone, and magic feel that will serve any discerning player well.
The long-awaited “Simul Seven” leapfrogs its predecessor, the Mark Five, and the secret Mark Six prototype to arrive at the most power-packed Boogie Mark model ever in terms of Tone, flexibility, compact design, and interfacing. This do-it-all Tone machine delivers legendary Mark performance and adds two new sounds; the throwback yet infamous Mark IIB and a new modern high-gain Mode full of character and attitude aptly named Mark VII.
Joined by iconic features that put Boogies at the top of the dream list, such as on-board Graphic EQ, lush Reverb, a seamless Effects Loop, and innovative Power switching, the Mark VII showcases our CabClone IR™ DI Direct Interface. With identical features and great sounding IRs from our standalone CabClone IR, this built-in version allows individual assignment of 8 Rectifier® and Boogie Cabinets per Channel for unmatched tunability of Direct sounds.
The Mark VII is the next Chapter in the Boogie Book of Tone and offers discerning players analog, all-tube sound, Soul, and feel in a smaller, more compact, yet more comprehensive package. With a focus on perfecting icons, bringing back beloved classics, and introducing new realms of modern high gain, all while improving the interface and the performance across all mediums, the Mark VII offers inspiration and freedom across all musical styles. This extraordinary amplifier is available in 1x12 Combo, Head, and Rackmount Head formats.
- VARIAC POWER SWITCH n/a
- PREAMP TUBES 5x Mesa 12AX7
- POWER AMP TUBES 4x Mesa 6L6 (or EL-34)
- BIAS SWITCH FOR ALTERNATE POWER TUBE TYPES Bias Select for 6L6 or EL-34
- MAINTENANCE FREE FIXED BIAS Yes
- WATTAGE(S) 25, 45, or 90 Watts - Channel Assignable - See Power Amp Details for more information
- POWER AMP DETAILS (CLASS & WATTAGE) MESA/Boogie’s exclusive Simul-Class™ Power Amp featuring Multi-Watt™ (Patent 7,602,927) with Incremental Wattage Reduction (Patent 9,917,560) which provide three power and two operating-class options that are channel assignable via 25/45/90 Watt Power Switches: Choose 2 power tubes operating in Class A Triode, producing 25 Watts - 2 tubes running in Class A Pentode, producing 45 Watts, or 4 tubes running in MESA/Boogie’s legendary Simul-Class Power that blends the best of Class A and Class A/B simultaneously to produce 90 Watts of pure tonal magic
- CONVECTION OR FAN COOLING Fan Cooled
- NUMBER OF FOOTSWITCHABLE CHANNELS (OR MODES) Three Channels
- NUMBER OF STYLE MODES Nine
- NUMBER OF STYLE MODES PER CHANNEL Three
- TYPES OF STYLE MODES PER CHANNEL Ch. 1 = Clean, Fat, or Crunch, Ch. 2 = Fat, Crunch, or Mark VII, Ch. 3 = Mark IIB, Mark IIC+, or Mark IV
- CHANNEL CONTROLS Each Channel features: Independent 3-Position Style Mode Switch, Graphic EQ Assignment Switch (On, Off or Footswitchable), Patented Watt Multi-Watt™ 90/45/25 Power Amp Switch, Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, & Master Controls, Reverb (Footswitchable) and an 8-Position CabClone IR Select Control (back-panel)
- GRAPHIC EQ AND/OR CONTOUR Selectable 5-Band Graphic EQ (Footswitchable, Channel Assignable or Off)
- REVERB / EFFECTS & BYPASS OPTIONS Footswitchable, All-Tube, Long Spring Reverb with Independent Channel Controls
- EFFECTS LOOP & BYPASS OPTIONS Tube-Buffered FX Loop (Footswitchable)
- EXTERNAL SWITCHING JACK OPTIONS AND/OR MIDI MIDI Switchable/Programmable via Control Change and Program Change messages, with 256 Preset Location (MIDI IN, MIDI Thru/Out, MIDI Channel, & Store Switches) – Controls Channels 1, 2, 3, Reverb, FX Loop, & Graphic EQ
- SPEAKER OUTPUTS Two 8 Ohm and Two 4 Ohm
- CABINET SIMULATION - DIRECT LIVE/RECORDING OUTPUT Built-in, channel assignable, MESA CabClone™ IR Cab Simulator featuring 8 MESA Cabinet IRs, USB Connection for IR transfers, Internal Amp Load for cabinet-free use, Input Level Control, IR Balanced XLR Direct Output, (Dry) Line Output (Uncompensated, +4db Direct Line Output for external cab sim/IR use, Re-Amping, etc.), Headphone Output, IR Output Level Control & Ground/Lift Switch
- INTERNAL AMP LOAD (FOR SPEAKER-LESS PERFORMANCE) Yes (see Cabinet Simulation for more information)
- HEADPHONE OUTPUT Yes (see Cabinet Simulation for more information)
- FOOTSWITCH Included - 3x3 - 6 Button Footswitch (Bottom Row: Ch. 1, Ch. 2, & Ch. 3 - Top Row: Reverb, FX Loop, & Graphic EQ)
- SLIPCOVER Included - Fitted Slipcover
- CABINET MATERIAL Marine Grade, Baltic Birch
- STANDARD FINISH OPTIONS (no extra cost) Black Bronco Vinyl, Black Jute Grille, Black Handle & Corners